Sunday, January 15, 2012

Mix Mash of Work...Ti road and steel rear

I've been trying to clear my plate so I can focus on the next two builds, both of which will be traveling to Nahbs with me in March.

To move forward, I'm pushing out a Ti road bike and a steel mountain bike that needs a new rear end repair.  Once I get them out of the fixtures, I'll have a bit more breathing room.

So, a couple of pics of some of the work moving forward...

On the Ti road bike, the seat tube insert machined and welded in place, binder completed, front triangle mitered, and rear chainstays done...not a bad day.
This steel mountain bike is getting a new rear end, complete with Rohloff dropouts.  Starting with the chainstays, everything has been measured, cut and ready for dimpling to create a bit more clearance...

This little fixture is a two piece...the rear block is shaped to the outside profile of the oval stay, the inside block is machined on the centerline and shaped with a relief to provide for a gradual transition.

The final clearance....
Cutting to fit the bottom bracket...

and the beginning stages of creating the Rohloff extended dropout, soon to be smoothed, machined and finished into a seamless piece...

My parting shot when leaving for the day, a cool bus courtesey of my sis...

I'm off to work a 72 hour push at the FD, teaching 2 Pediactric Advanced Life Support classes in between, and hopefully getting a skoosh of shop work done...gonna be a busy week.

cheers,

rody

No comments: