Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Our Contest winner...

Sorry guys and gals for not posting for a few days, life has been moving at a frenetic pace.

Besides the fact that I'm falling woefully behind on the blog, we have a contest winner to crown.

The last contest request was for a picture of why you ride/what riding means to you...you know, whatever gives you that fulfilling feeling that strips away the stress of your days and renews your spirit.

Honestly, this was a tough contest, as there were many photos that really spoke to me. After much deliberation, I narrowed it down to two...

First, our runner up. From Kurt, a pic of one of his favorite trails from the rider's eye....

Kurt's pic really elicits the feeling of speed and freedom that is achievable when carving through the woods on a familiar single track. Liked it a bunch. Kurt, hit me up with your addy and I'll get a care package in the mail for ya...thanks a bunch for sharing.

When I saw this next picture, I said..."now that's why I ride". Martin's photo shares the sense of adventure, new discovery, and the grandeur of experiencing points of nature accessible with a mountain bike. This shot makes me yearn to be out in the saddle, riding towards the next horizon.
So congrats Martin, you are the deserving winner of the Jollypop green stem. Shoot me your mailing addy and Christi (my super duper wife and shipping chick) will get it out to ya.
Thanks for playing everyone,
rody

4 comments:

rmb said...

Whoa, good choices.

rich said...

wow, nice shots!

Roy said...

A deserved winner :-)

cibi said...

Glad Tidings for the Krauts :-) Thank you Rody for the kind words and congrats to Martin.
Cheers! Kurt