Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last day in the shop of 08

...well, kinda in the shop.

We got hammered by cold weather, lots of snow, and sustained 30mph winds so it was pretty miserable in the shop today, just could not get warm.

I threw Steven's project into the fixture to get some measurements. This is a Kelly front triangle that Steven wants built into a potential 650b.
I worked for about an hour in my down puffy coat before I decided I wasn't going to be effective at all and headed home to do some computer work.

Goyo asked for a paint theme to honor their annual bicycle festival, the Terry Larrazabal Bike Festival, in the Philippines... http://tlbf.org/
In that vein, I created a panel and cog mask to run through the vinyl cutter...here is a shot of the sprocket design I mocked up to match the festival logo.
The paint will use yellow for the panels, metallic silver for the cogs, and midnight metallic blue for the base color...should give a nice sharp contrast that really flows together.
Remember when I walked into the paint fixture in the dark...this was the result one day later.

Christi thinks I look like Mimi from the Drew Carey show... now it's got some cool yellow color added in too.
Good news...for those of you who have been waiting, I finally got the 2009 OEM pricing from Fox for shocks used on complete builds. So, now if y'all are looking for a Fox, White, Maverick or Rock Shox for for your new Groovy, I can hook you up for a good price.
til tomorrow,
rody

2 comments:

laffeaux said...

Happy New Year!! Hopefully you can avoid low hanging shop equipment in 2009. :)

IF52 said...

Dude, for somebody who is in the profession of saving lives, you sure seem to beat yourself up pretty good ;)