Thursday, December 18, 2008

How old is this screw?

Yep, we're going to play an impromptu game show, but it's going to have to wait until we look at some pics of Eric's bike in progress...

Last night, I threw down the first coat of clear...today I spent some time sanding down the clear, playing with the airbrush cleaning up some of the edges of the masking, applying decals and shooting it again.

Here's a front shot of the bike with decals on, waiting for clear...

Booty shot...
I mentioned yesterday that I sprayed up the Ho fork to match with a long tapering panel on each leg, here she is...

Kalten was in the shop tonight cutting up Luv Handle stock so he snapped a few pics of me in the booth...
Everything went into the bake box and will be ready to sand/spray/bake/repeat two more times before it gets the final rub down.
Now for the exciting part of the evening...HOW OLD IS THIS SCREW?
Yes, just like counting the rings of a downed tree to tell it's age, so to can you guesstimate the years of a paint screw. The poor screws get threaded endlessly into frames as they move in and out of the booth, protecting threads, and never causing any issue. So now, here is it's due reward...5 seconds in the spotlight!
So, how many frames has this paint screw seen? Can you count the colorful "rings"?
And yes, I did wash my hands (twice) before taking this pic...so is the perpetual state of wear on the digits of a builder ;)
cheers,
rody

5 comments:

laffeaux said...

I count 7 "paint rings," but prefer the pictures of the bike. :)

It's looking great.

MarinTi said...

I count 9 ;-)

Anonymous said...

I am gonna say 13, lucky 13.

Anonymous said...

15

Rody said...

To the best I can count...I'm going to have to give the official number as 16 layers.

Congrats RD3!

rody